Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STL from verify

Cuda84

Friday I created 2 STL files from verify. I am running thru multiple operations and I am creating STL files every so many ops. so that I don't have to run all operations thru verify at one time. Today when I try to creat an STL file I get a 0MB file.

Has anyone else seen this? Am I doing something wrong? Should I have just stayed home today?

banghead.gif

Yeah Matt it's always contrarry on Mondays, but this 3 day weekend realy P!$$ed it off.

wink.gif

Smit this file was only 7.3MB quite small for me. I tried about 4 times this morning. 2 of them times it locked up MC, had to kill it. I was just trying to check the pick programs (leftover), but still it should have worked.

banghead.gif

I got this in E-mail from another forum member.

-------------------------------------------------

Dave,

I was reading you comments on the problems that you having with verify. I had the some problems with verify on the 15th of May. I was verifying a large fixture and when I got to finish toolpath the software would lock-up, crash or after a long time it would save the .STL file but with nothing in it just a 0 mb. I e-mailed M/C about the problem and after a couple of day going back and forth they logged it in as a bug with the MR1. I was told that the waterfall bug they fixed caused this one. So I had to go back to X2 SP1 because all we cut here are large parts and dies so I can use verify. I hope this can help.

Looks like a bug.

Thank you

cool.gif

Hello all.

Colin sugested that I change the STL output format from Binary to ASCII. This seemed to fix the problem, at least on the files that I was working on.

I had another problem pop up after makeing this change.

Now for some reason I can’t finish a verify at the highest quality settings, I’ve got to drop back one setting. The verify runs to about 84% then jumps to 100%. When it finally displays the model the cut is not finished. So I am running the verify with the quality set down 1 notch. For what I am doing it will be OK, I am not comparing STL to model at the end, I am just checking the toolpaths.

wink.gif

Dave,

you may be having a problem that mc logged as a bug for me. On my really big files the verify memory gets overloaded before it is finished verifying the part. The percentage indicator jumps like you said to 100% but the part is NOT done. Not sure why it would happen on you for a little part, but mc did say it's a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved this from Don LePore @ CNC software.

Dave, the problem has been found. Unfortunately it is in the API we use for Verify. It has been documented and sent to the vendor. I will ask for a priority fix for it and will let you know when it gets fixed. I’m really hoping for vX2 MR2.

Don

Please note that the problem has been identified for the part Dave provided. There is no guarantee that the solution will fix all the problems. If you can identify more parts that exhibit the same problem, please forward them to me so that I can get them to the vendor. The more parts they have to test against, the more robust the solution will be.