Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Different icons for chooks

Thad

I'm sure there are more pressing issues to be dealt with, but I was wondering if this was even on the list of things to do.

When X was first released, it was decided that it was more important to get the software out than to bother with creating different icons for all the different chooks. It was a simple matter of priority. Now we're at X2 MR1 SP1 and we still have the same icons...and there are still important things that need to be added/fixed. My question is, is creating different icons even on the list?

I understand that software development is a never ending task, always wanting to make things better or add new features. Somewhere along the line, even the chickenxxxx stuff needs to be addressed. I've been wanting to add a toolbar with the chooks that we use frequently for quite some time, but a toolbar with 5 identical icons wouldn't be very helpful.

Just wondering...

Thad

Thad,

Takashi has a link to a free program to edit the resource files (the files that have the icon bitmap embedded in them). If you let me know which 5 hooks you are using, I'll make you some buttons for them. I've been meaning to do it anyway for Find Overlap, Whole Spline, and Remove Nodes.

Thanks,

Colin,

I think I'll take you up on that since you did such a nice job on the View Fit icons a while back. wink.gif

I don't know if there are 5, I just threw out a number in my example. Off the top of my head (along with Find Overlap), how about Coons surface. I'll have to look at the chook list next week to tell you more.

Thanks. cheers.gif

Thad

quote:

What about the icons for built-in functions?

Matt,

I'm pretty sure those are not accessible. I think they're embedded in the .exe and you can't access them. We talked about this when X first came out. V9 used to use .res files (resource file). Now that X is more up to date, that info is stored in other files and can't be accessed. That's I recall from the conversation. Try a search. Someone from CNC Software was involved in the conversation.

Thad