Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting to wrong NC path

Thad

I did a search but couldn't find anything. I'm finally getting around to installing MR1 & SP1 and when I post, it defaults to the C:Mcammillnc folder instead of the network folder that is mapped in my config. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thad

P.S. Time to update my sig wink.gif

Thad,

My biggest complaint is the path thing.

Much simpler in 9. Now you have to set path before picking a machine and etc etc. I sympathize with you.

I dont know how to help you otherwise. Im sure you have tried everything as in nci path or manually navigating the path in ops/files/nc file.

Maybe someone will know more>

I will be following this thread.

Andy

I agree Thad, what is the point of setting up the file paths in the config if they don't go where you want. Whenever I us Alt+C to get a chook it goes somewhere other than the chooks folder. There are other things in the config that don't work either like the chaining dialog, every time I open MCAM and I use chain I have to change it from 3D to C-plane(even though the I have it set in the config for c-plane).

MCAM is either not looking to the config or it is and just does something different anyway.

Troy,

I can understand why the control def should override the config, but I don't know why certain settings are in 2 different places. That is annoying.

As far as your chaining problem I haven't noticed that. I'm not sure when that started for you, but I just installed MR1 SP1 today. I haven't done any real programming with it.

Thad

The two places thing is very troublesome, how many hours I've wasted changing settings and having them be gone again I will never know.

The last time I was able to set the chaining dialog to open the way I want every time was in V9. It remembers the last use after I use it the first time but if I open another session it is back to 3D again.

The only thing I can say is each release seems to be getting a little closer to the way it "should" work.

quote:

It remembers the last use after I use it the first time but if I open another session it is back to 3D again.

Well, it kinda works like it's supposed to. It's supposed to remember your last use and return to your defaults with a new session. The problem is it's not using your defaults. frown.gif My settings have always stuck for me and I can't think of a second place to set default chain settings.

Maybe as a work around, would checking "plane mask" (or some such) in your default chaining settings do the same as "C-Plane" for you? We rarely use exotic C-Planes so I think this would work for us. Might be worth a shot.

Thad