Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving advise

connormac

We do a lot of engraving. When i chain some of the letters teh spindle will raise and lower in the middle of the letter or number.( like on a 3 pick th top radius and it will rap around to the tangent point of the bottom radius. I continue on with the same move and get the small straight line that comes out. Then I have to hit the wait button and pick the bottom radius. Mastercam sees this as 2 chains so it jumps up then feeds back down at the start of the second chain.) In aluminum it works fine but the the constant feeding down in SST is where I usually break the tip. What I would like to do is do the top radius, feed out the small tip, reverse back to the tangent point of the radius and then do the lower radius without raising the spindle. can this be done?

I'll assume you using standard block type lettering

just do standard 2d chaining on each number. when it gets to a branch point just click the next line like on a 3 when you get to the end just click the opposite way and the tool will stay down

have to chain those sections individually. i think there is a way to change the mcx font so that it can be machined in one chain but don't remember. i do know that we can change the mcx font geometry and use it as our default lettering. can't remember how tho.