Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex Posts Any suggestions?

MLS

I have read a few topics about Mill/Turn posts and know some of you guys have experience with them.

We are looking to purchase one in the near future. Our options are a Mastercam post(which I believe there are a few out there) or an AustinNC post.

We have a Mazak Integrex 200 S2Y with a Mazatrol and a Mori Seiki NL 2000 with a MAPS panel(Fanuc??).

Anyone have any suggestions of good, bad or ugly?

Thanks

On the Mori post, while I was still at Kevlin I purchased it for our Mori NL. Sadly I never got the chance to put it through but I purchased it based on reputation alone.

Well with those 2 choices you can't go wrong. The best thing about the post is the fact it truly supports the Mazatrol side of the machine doe handling the tool offset side of things which IMHO handles the best of any machine I have seen. I can use Mastercam directly and with 99% confidence I get the same thing on the machine. These is always that special or oddball thing I am doing that the Mazatrol needs a swift kick to get right but that is just the quirk of the machine and all of them have them. I guess the biggest thing I really like about the Machine again IMHO is that is really operator friendly and gets the operator involved so when you get a good operator that give a crap about his job it rewards him and rewards the company. Along with that the post handles everything and does it very well and once you get use to what you need post and go and have a nice day.

HTH

MLS, something that in house is doing for me to make my life easier, which I am sure they would for you as well, is they gave me a time-coded post for the integrex. We are getting our machine in October and the post is set to expire in September, giving me ample time to fiddle around with it.

And if the case was wheather your boss wants to spend the big bucks on it, having a trial version is a perfect way to show what it can do.

JM2C