Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New computer

PIERSON

Our company is upgrading all workstations and laptops. They have ordered for me the Dell XPS 710, W/ Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.67GHz), 4 GB RAM, with a 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX Graphics card, and dual hard drives. I see that this box is for gamers and is more than what I need. I just want to know your opinions on if this will work well with Solidworks and MCAM X2.

quote:

The 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX Graphics card he's getting is about as good as you can get for a gaming card. I'd like to see a side by side with a few Quadro FXs sometime.

you could probably soft-mod that card to perform just like a quadro fx....

So since MCAM overlays windows the Quadro series cards have more channels to support the windows within windows. Does this mean a card with say 128MB

Like this one:

PNY VCQFX1400-PCIE-PB Quadro FX1400 128MB 256-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail $349.99

Would handle perform beter then the one described above? Can anyone confirm or deny this?