Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

force 5 ax rotations

Zoober

Well, I've got the post for this 5 axis Toyoda FH100 pretty clean. Now I have to deal with a large machine shortcomming.

This is a B(rotary) over A(tilt)horizontal trunnion. Nice machine, but when pallet is at A-90, Y axis will not cover pallet in Y-.

What I want to do, is force rotations. I've tried bias and other things, but it does not always work.

I've got all the right views set up, but I cannot get post to output what I want.

My reseller says to play with bias,(mi4 and 5), but I can only make the belo path run at B0 or B180. Any Ideas???

This pic shows:

b0.jpg

Well if the machine setting were supported in X then you could use the travel limits in theory to control that. The only option I see is using a template file as the way to know you are always working in a certain size. Then I would maybe look at using the shifts inside the post to naybe give you the correted code based off that new position. Another idea might be to use a shifted cplane equal in all regards to the standard one yet take the travels into account anf fool the post into giving you the correct code. I understand what you are after but file as an example would really help to see your spefic problem.

HTH

Robert looks like you have the same problem with your machine I have with the Integrex. What I have to do for this machine is use the C-planes in a different method and program with the idea I have limited axis travel. Operation 8 to me just needs the C-plane done in a different rotation and that should solve the travel problems there. The Operation 9 then need to be done in 2 operations and C-planes to set-up the rotation to keep the part in the correct place for the axis limits of the machine. It seems like a pain, but once you do it a couple times and get use to working within limits you get the feel for it and what works. May not be the road you are looking to go down but the little bit of time I have looked at I think this might be the best approach to machining a part of this nature. I have some more question and will post them up tommorrow.

Robert,

You psb file didn't come in with the zip2go so the post doesn't work.

Have you tried playing with

"Initial Primary"

and

"Initial Secondary"

on the MIsc values page of each operation.

Sometimes, you can force an axis to go whete you want with those numbers

See mi4 and mi5 notes at the start of your post

edit; copied generic fanuc psb file and remaned it... got your post working but my idea failed

[ 07-19-2007, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Yeah Tom I had to do the same thing to get the post to work and it seems to handle the C-planes really weird. I tried taking his sky C-plane and rotating it 45 and it did not effect the outputted code. I did not have time tonight to mess with it, but will take a better look at in the morning and see if I can come up with something different.

Good night.

Do you have a prefered tilt angle and default angle for rotating axis in the misc vales page?

You can set the tilt angle to -1 and it sometimes gets you what you want, ie A-17 instead of A+17. You could also set the default angle for the rotating axis to 0,90,180,270 until you get what you want.

Ron, you hit it right on.

If I rotate my sky view cplane, (sky90, sky 180, etc..) I don't get any change in B motion. If I change initial primary (mi4) to 90, it does alter the B, but in increments of 180, not 90. headscratch.gif

The only rotations that I am having problems with, are the rotated sky views to overcome my -Y- travel limits. All my other cplanes rotate as expected.

I can't change my secondary axis (mi10) as I only have A0 to A-90 travel.

I appreciate the time you guys have taken. cheers.gif

Robert,

We are having the same problem here (5 axis Toyoda & 6 axis White-Sundstrand). We haven't got it to work right on the Toyoda yet, But we did on the Sundstrand w/ OAC. We are using Campost for the 6 axis and modified the macro to get the B rotation right. We are using V9 though on the 6 because we dont have any macros for X or X2. When I find out more I'll let u know.