Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I eliminate jerky movements?

CRFJim

CRFJim,

When ever i can I output arcs, it makes for much smaller part programs, less control chocking and machine shuddering.

I apply this to all machines regardless if its our 1994 Daewoo with a Fanuc O-T drip feeding from the even older PC or if its on our DMG 5 axis' which have the Heidenhain iTNC530 control.

For me it is a fundamental. When all else fails, I too reduce the feed to eliminate shuddering, which is really bad for the simultaneous 5 axis stuff.

We have trimmed our posts/control defs., where possible, to omit spaces between addresses, no output of block numbers, eliminated zeroes from G and M codes etc....it all has helped.

Hi,

If you haven't purchaced HSM in the Haas controler you can turn on the HSM option for a trial period, just put a 1 in the parameter and it will work for a limited number of hours.

Also, I work on a Deckel Maho 104V Linear, it can fly! I can finish at 275 ipm, I haven't tried any faster...yet, but I am sure it can go much faster. It has a Heidenhain iTNC530 control.

Greg