Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Am I doing something wrong?

chipman

I have had mastercam crash on me a several times per day just by clicking the parameters icon in the toolpath manager. Is there something wrong with my setup? Does anyone know how to avoid it?

I find myself clicking save after any change.

I just uninstalled Mcam completely and reinstalled the latest (Mcam MR1 SP1)

and it still does this.

Also why when I click on the parameter icon just to check the a few things and not change anything, when I exit out of the page it is marked dirty. I there something that I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Rich

Have you gone into your config

settings >> config >> screen and make sure that disable front buffer is "Checked"

also right click on your desktop

Properties >> settings >> advanced >> Quadro Tab >> Performance and quality settings >> and make sure the unified back buffer is off.

Also what driver are you running with that card, I am using the 91.85 driver, same card BTW

John,

I checked my config and the "Disable Front Buffer" is checked.

The driver my Quadro is using is 9.1.3.6

I chose this driver after reading a few posts on Emastercam.

Before changing anything else should I update my driver, and if so what should I have the "active profile" set at under the application profile in the Quadro Tab

Thanks

Rich

John,

Like i said I am using the 9.1.3.6 driver. Earlier I tried to turn the "Unified/Back Depth Buffer" to "Off' but it won't change. I changed my "active Profile" to Solidworks and stll can not turn the "Unified/Back Depth Buffer" off. Do you recommend that I upgrade my driver?

Rich

quote:

I changed my "active Profile" to Solidworks and stll can not turn the "Unified/Back Depth Buffer" off.

You have to set the Profile dropdown to "basic"

or "default" before you can change any of the settings

If you have it set to a factory configured profile

all the settings are greyed out and you can't change them.

Try setting you video performance setting to

"max performance". This can be a big help.

setting your mouse profile to "none" can help too

If you select the "solidworks" profile you shouldn't have to worry about turning off the back buffer in the graphics card menu. Just set it to Solidworks, then open Mastercam, Settings, Config, Screen, use the check box here to disable if necessary. FYI, we run with this button unchecked and the profile set to solidworks and Mastercam works flawlessly. That isn't to say it doesn't crash occasionally, but it isn't the graphics card that is causing the problems.

HTH,