Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Backplot Window

Dan@home

Dan,

What version of mastercam are you running? Judging from your signature it appears your running X2MR2. I just tried to replicate this but i can't. What size of a part? Was it using surfaces, lines, or arcs? Just a little bit more information is needed. The window for Backplot for me is very small. What is your resolution for your computer? I am running at 1280x1024. Try adjusting your screen resolution. I'll check back on this tomorrow.

Do you have Nvidia's Desktop Management software running? If you have dual monitors and an Nvidia

video card, you probably do.

This software has dozens of settings that control

the behavior of application windows. It controls how, where and on what screen they open.

These settings can effect the behaavior of X2_MR2's OPS Manager, backplot, verify and Level Manager windows, espically if you are dragging stuff to your second monitor.

It takes a little experimentation to get things running the way you like.

As a side note, I fired up my new Dell

WS-690 with an FX-3450 today. The video drivers

Dell installed did not include the Desktop Manager suite so I downloaded and installed the latest greatest from Nvidia. So far X2_Mr2 is performing well.

[ 09-27-2007, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

I'm having the exact same problem!with back plot when I back plot any path but 2-D it dose the exact same thing headscratch.gif example any surface high speed any parallel, contour, finish sallow, leftover any thing BUT 2D. I'm running Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version2002 service pack 2 AMD Athlon 64 fx-57 Processor 2.81GHz,2.00GB of ram NVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX video card.

I'm having the exact same problem on my other computer which is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version2002 service pack 2 Intel®core2cpu 6600 @2.40GHz

2.40 GHz, 3.25 GB of Ram ATI FireGL v7350 video card

banghead.gifconfused.gif

X2 MR2, I was doing a rotary 4 axis in lathe. The part is about 1" dia with surfaces. I was helping a member on the form. Its' on the FTP site 25-119977-2001_ABACKSURFACES MCX, in the MCX2 file .The blue surfaces rotating around X axis, with axial cut .5 deg inc. I have moved the desk top short cut to different monitors, same thing. The Opp Manager stay were I last put it.

I to have a Dell WS-690 workstation, 3 Monitors,1600 X 1200 resolution, dual 3gig Xeons, Quadro FX 4600X2. I havn't replaced the drivers though. I will mess with this.

Other than this X2 MR2 looks to be the "BEST" version so far. Nice work CNC.. biggrin.gif

Didn't work for me. The backplot window doesn't remember were it was last, (unlike all the other windows) so it goes back to same spot everytime. On top of operation manager. But since op manager is no longer there (being moved to another screen) the backplot ribbon bar is extended so now it is under backplot window. Hiding the buttons.

I will live with this, moving the op manager is a nice feature. Hitting R for Run and S for step, until they fix this. Or moving the BP window.

What Peter said....

Dan.