Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mplmaster Update

Post dept

All,

Little update to mplmaster and a couple of added features.

1. New switch called g54g55 to force G54 for all main spindle ops and G55 for all sub spindle ops. No need to set your work offset anymore.

2. Misc int 10 for turning ops - "CRF X value [0=orig,1=post]". This fixes the problem where you have a rapid from the end of your canned rough to the beginning of your canned finish and it goes through the part after the finishing canned cycle. The only programming limitation is that your canned finish must follow the canned roughing routine whose pattern it uses. It does not have to be right after, but must be before any other canned ops. Search for #CRF to implement this in your existing posts.

3. Forced output of the proper ijk values for milling. This was never really working properly in any of the lathe posts but I believe it is now.

Brett

I can and I would love to get it straightened out.

I have sent a zip2go to a couple very good guys on this site and they were unable to find the problem either. I do not get any I or K values on a OD cycle and the if its an ID cycle it will take the largest diameter and put the I at just about half and Im not sure where it gets the K value. (putting the I at half is fine for small parts but does not work well on large parts because the number is way to big) heres some code::

( ROUGH TURN OD )

X15.1565

Z.0885

G73 P100 Q110 I0. K0. U.01 W.005 D5 F.01

N100 G0 X9.75 S350

G1 Z-.0032

G3 X10. Z-.1563 I-.0313 K-.1531

G1 Z-2.4063

G2 X11.9375 Z-3.375 I.9688

G1 X12.9375

G3 X15. Z-4.4063 K-1.0313

N110 G1 Z-6.02

G0 Z.0512

(ROUGH BORE)

G0 X5.9114 Z.0963 M8

G73 P120 Q130 I2.9557 K.0963 U-.01 W.005 D5 F.01

N120 G0 X8.25 S350

G1 Z-.0032

G2 X8. Z-.1563 I.0313 K-.1531

G1 Z-3.7813

G3 X7.5625 Z-4. I-.2188

N130 G1 X6.06

G0 Z.0512

Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...

All,

I have found the problem with the G73 pattern repeat.

To recap, his problem was to do with the UW vector for pattern repeat G73 not coming up with the right values.

code:

pl_ncoutput #Movement output

pcc_capture #Capture LCC ends, stop output RLCC # 05/28/04 #This was previously commented out but I have removed that as it affects G73 pattern repeat. I'm not sure what else this affects at this point. WBT

I hope this helps anyone that uses G73....and I hope it doesn't break anything else! I'll send it into CNC for them to take a look at.

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Further info on that G73 item as discussed above.

Uncommenting the call to pcc_capture is step 1. However, this will blow away the z motion after the canned cycle due to the setting of the no_nc_out$ flag. To fix, go to pcc_capture and make the following change.

code:

pcc_capture     #Capture ends of canned turning path, stop output w/rough

#Stop output in rough only lathe canned cycles

#between rough and finish paths

#if cc_stop_fcc & rcc_flg$ = 6, no_nc_out$ = one # 05/28/04

if cc_stop_fcc & rcc_flg$ = 6 & lathecc <> 2, no_nc_out$ = one #wbt - do not want to stop output before/after pattern repeat

I hope this helps.

Brett