Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolpath verify tips?

bmilford

Does anyone have any tips for the verify operation?

I have a large part that takes at least 30 mins. to verify a rough parallel toolpath, if it even finishes without locking up my machine. I haven't been able to succesfully save it to use in a secondary operation yet.

If you look at my sig. you'll see that my computer should be up to the task. I have looked at all of the settings that I can think of and cannot find anything that will speed things up.

Thanks, Brian

Thad, yes

Neil, No

The settings that I am using are, tool only (no holder), 1000 moves/step, 1000 moves/refresh (this makes things faster visually), slider to quality (I want to use this for another operation), no other boxes checked, and speed slider all of the way up.

It just finished (at least its telling me 100%) the window is not refreshing and it will show whatever window was up prevous in the drawing area. I can try saving a .stl file but the last time this happened it was not there when I tried to verify the next operation.

Thanks, Brian

Brian, I use turbo mode all the time and I can save the file as stl for use in other operations, make sure you're in "True solid" mode. Try using turbo mode and the "step" button to step through the verification (play with the move/step settings, I usually start around 500) although this doesn't show the tool, it's does do a pretty good job of showing you what the cutter is doing.

I've never had the 0kb problem but I'm still running on V9.

Neil.

be careful using turbo to generate stls to machine from.

Here is a normal one simply done using fast forward

normalstl.png

Here is the same one done using turbo

turbostl.png

Think the stock definitions might be "slighty" different?