Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

No more math in dialog boxes? MR2

andrewgore

I noticed that I can no longer do math equations in any of the parameter boxes in any toolpath. So when I need to do say 20% of .5, I have to use a separate calculator rather than putting ".5x.2" in the parameter box. Any ideas? This is in MR2 and in both HST's and 2d toolpaths. THanks

Andrew

Andrew,

There is a new option in the config to set a color for the fields that allow you to type in equations. Set the color the way you like and see what fields change color. Try a calculation in one of those fields.

There's a pretty big list of mathematical operations that can be used listed in the "What's New" file.

Thad

Sorry, mine must be doing something screwy then. If you look at the image below, you will see that I input 12mm into my dialog box, I hit Tab to accept the value and am shown the "must be greater than 0" error. What am I doing wrong? Please note that this is for every dialog box where I would normally do a simple math equation. I also read through the "whats new" document.....while it showed new things related to math in dialog boxes, it didn't help much.

mcamerror.JPG

andrew

I'll try if mastercam finishes regenerating a toolpath anytime soon wink.gif . I'm still having issues with doing math in mine, I still get exactly what I showed in my picture above. I'm going to try adding spaces and see what I get. Not quite sure how they could have changed something that big accidently, maybe in reality it's something small?

Andrew

You'll note in the C:/McamX2-MR2/documentation/Whatsnew.htm under the heading of -> Inline Calculator/Evaluator that a lot has changed in the math-enabled fields.

Note that in any field that is in the 'Calculate Field color', should (obviously) "do math".

What the end result of the 'formula' that was entered could be dependent on whether that field accepts decimal or only integer values.

If you have a situation where you believe the math evaluator it is not working "correctly", please submit that information to [email protected]

Please note the specific field(s) and (if it applies) the exact formula you're trying to use.