Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x2 takes too long to post

Programinator

I think it has something to do with the fact that they are now bringing three things together at the time of posting.

Mach Def, Con Def, and Post.

I'm hoping eventually there will be no post processor, just the deffs and then might get faster.

Just a thought.

Shawn - When you are posting look at the progress bar and see if some variables are being re-set during posting. The MD/CD is re-setting post variables that don't match the MD/CD that will slow posting down.

The 1st start after re-boot MC does seem a bit slower. My theory is that the .NET runtime does not load until an application requests it (i.e. Mastercam X2).

Steve

Set your Control Def to log all errors to a log file and the screen.

That way you can see what's going on

I'll bet your post is reinitializing a bunch of variables.

Tweak things so that the post and control def are in sync and your posting will go much faster.

I have one 5X post that is a work in progress. It takes a full 2 minutes to post even one toolpath because the variables in the post don't match the variables in the Control Def.

Another 5X post that is set up properly runs large files in 5 to 10 secs.