Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lost toolpaths

vince cannarozzo

Vincam,

This is a known issue that I and others brought to the attention of QC last year (directly to CNC Software corporate). I was told the new Operation Manager was being totally revamped due to the problems with large operation lists. Has it?

Sadly, instead of offering any help, you will be swiftly reminded about the importance of using the backup feature. (you do dont you?)

Did you have many groups? That was the scenario with myself back on MCX2 mr1. The only answer for now is backup often...

--

Bill

quote:

Sadly, instead of offering any help, you will be swiftly reminded about the importance of using the backup feature. (you do dont you?)

I *did* offer help. Locating a backup file will hopfully get him close to where he was before the error; minimizing the amount of work he has to redo.

All that aside, if you're in business and not backing up your work in ANY software, then you're an idiot. Period!

Thad

camathome,

I have since left that job but... Spectrum

http://www.multi-dnc.com/ did an excellent job wiring up machines and setting up the server. I used to be like most on the Predetor bandwagen but I really like spectrum for their level of expertise with odd or unique setups.

We had a wide range of machines including Haas, Mori, Toshiba, and Hitachi Seiki. All were fitted wireless (very large shop). For older machines they offer a wireless "black box" that wires into the ports to provide two-way transfers. You cna send a little program from the machine that sets up the server to send the required files which reduces longs walks regardless of control make.

They even have a unit with a built-in hardrive for local dnc and file storage. Very cool! Don't know the pricing but top notch profesionals all the way.

--

Bill