Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mcam crash after update

Programinator

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried letting MC make a new config file?

The latest patch from Microsoft fixed a security issue...

Hrmmmm...Mastercam fails to start after the Malicious Software Remover Tool runs...

Hrmmmm headscratch.gif

If it stopped any scripts from MC, it shoulda gave you a report when you booted up...

Prol just a nuked config...

I haven't installed MR2 yet...

Auto Updates for Nov 13 installed.

Microsoft Security Bulletin Search

2007-11-14 08:47:55 AutomaticUpdates Content Download succeeded.

2007-11-14 08:47:55 Installation Ready: The following updates are downloaded and ready for installation.

- Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2007 (KB943559)

- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2007 (KB890830)

- Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2003 (KB943552)

- Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)

2007-11-14 12:47:35 Installation Successful: Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2007 (KB943559)

2007-11-14 12:50:00 Installation Successful: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - November 2007 (KB890830)

2007-11-14 12:50:37 Installation Successful: Update for Outlook Junk Email Filter 2003 (KB943552)

2007-11-14 12:51:48 Installation successful and restart required for the following update: Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)

2007-11-14 12:59:55 Success Content Install Reboot completed.

And X2-MR2 starts right up just like always...

What other updates did you install?

I had to restart my computer this moring and the latest updates were installed automatically. eek.gif

X2_MR2 starts fine though..

I've been thinking about the trouble some people

are having...

Is there a minimum revision of NetFramework 2.0

that is required to run MR-2??

What if some people's NetFramework is not up to date>>>and>>> MR-2 launches, but does not run properly or is not stable??? just a theory. headscratch.gif

All 8 of our machines have NF 1, 1.1hotfix , 2.0 and 3.0 and all are rock solid stable.

I think I've seen one crash in the last 6 weeks and that was a video issue with V9.1-MR0105

I've not had any calls on this one.....yet

Are you guys getting anything at startup, splash screen? and bail, anything or just no response what so ever?

Anyone try reinstalling the HASP drivers?

yup! I would suggest following Murlin's advice. After my Winblows updates somehow my config file got hosed. Luckily I keep a backup copy handy for situations like this.(It's a real pain in the arse to re-check all the settings that are hidden all over the place if you have make a new one.

I would recommend doing the same. It saves a lot of grief in the end.

It worked for me !!

cheers.gif

good luck!

quote:

I just remembered, I did have the IT guy uninstall the recent hot fix too.

Damn Bill Gates!

Mike,

did you get it running before or after the hotfix uninstall?

Your config might not be the issue if you got going after the uninstall

I treid renaming both cofig files, mcamx.cfg, and mcamxm.cfg. Both times X2 created new files, but still failed to start with the same exception screen, just like first thing this am.

Where do I find the latest update to uninstall? There's nothing in the add/remove programs, and I don't want to uninstall something I shouldn't

IN the ADD/Remove dialog box at the top there is a "Show Updates" check box, make sure that is checked so you can see the updates

You should then be able to scroll through and find the security update that was installed on 11/14

My problem may have been a different animal though.

For me Mastercam would start up but my ops manager was empty. I thought I lost my toolpaths but the funny part is, if I ran backplot they were still there. tried changing colors and stuff...nothing could bring it back. As soon as I hit verify it would crash every time. I could open and use the files fine in MR1 too. Side by side install.

man I'm glad I did that.

quote:

I could open and use the files fine in MR1 too. Side by side install.

Everyone having problems doing a side by side?

I found that a side by side made me have problems.

I only do full uninstall/wipe the registry, and install new Mastercam releases...

But I have a Partition Ghost Image to fall back on should any problems arise...

Let us know if that worked for ya Chappyd...

I had this problemn as well. Talked to Rich Greer my reseller, Chris and Jim in QC. They all pointed me in the dirrection of side by side instalations being the issue. I had moved my config file and MC made me another one. that would be fine for a week or so, then it would not start again

Now I'm having an issue where if I try to select geometry by windowing around it and if I don't get all of it, and window it again, then translate, rotate, copy to another level or what ever, it would crash. I have sent the error files to both Jim and Chris and my reseller. It has calmed down somewhat but is not cured. I had to remove (uninstall) mastercam and clear everything from the regestry. I can still get it to crash. It was crashing about 30 times a day. Now maybe three or four times a day

I have two seats, on two completely different computers and both will exibit the same behavior.

I'm also not sure what is going on.