Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lost entities

Jerry_P

This is the second time this has happened to me since I upgraded to MR2. I am working along everything fine, go back to levels to change to a different level. And it show 0 entities on all levels, except for maybe the last two or three things I did. You still see them on the screen but once you do a redraw they are all gone. Luckily both times I saved recently so it was no big deal. But the potential to loose a lot of information is there and that could be a problem. Any one else run across this?

I am having this problem also. I was doing a print last Friday, and when I opened it Monday morning I had about 5 dimensions and a few lines and arcs. I had the back up set to 5 files and all 5 of them were bad also.

I also had the same problem later that day on a different print, but I caught it right away and I retrieved the backup file.

I also have the crash on the start up which I am trying to fix right now.

Actually the bug has to do with undo of a dimension while it is live. The undo button is active while placing dimensions, but seeing the dimension is a live entity it hasn't really been placed int he database, so things are getting out of sync.

You will be fine as long as you don't undo the dimensions while actual in the dimensioning mode.

Hope this clears things up a little bit.

If you are confident you are not use undo during dimensioning, then please email QC the exact steps you are taking so we can try to reproduce the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jim,

This happened to one of my customers on quite a few occasions it seemd though that he did not undo the dimension but did delete an entity tied to the dimension and he had many hours and many levels into this job and lost it all. Did he have backup on? Yes but you do not know that the file is corrupt until you close out and try to bring the file back. by this time he had all 10 of his backup files corrupt too?????

Pete R is trying to save the file for us.