Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe stock to leave

TonyL

I am working on a lathe part and am trying to put a -.00015 stock to leave on my finish passes to allow for plating build up. Mastercam will not let me put in a negative value. You can do it in milling paths, I dont understand why you cant in lathe. Is there another way to do this in Mastercam X2(besides redrawing the part).

Doing it with tool offsets at the machine is not an option.

Thanks,

Tony

I did try it on the finish turn toolpaths and it worked but the toolpath in question is a groove rough and finish toolpath. In the finish parameters I still can't get a negative number in the X stock to leave. I can probably take out the finish path of the groove toolpath and just do another finish turn operation.

Thanks,

Tony

No luck, i cant get the finish turn toolpath to follow my contour. It wont plunge into the part. I tried all the different plunge paremeters but did not get any change. I would gladly put it on the ftp site but i do not know how.

Thanks,

Tony