Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

clearance plane help

johnner

I’ve got a dozen counterbored pockets in a bolt circle pattern,

They are 3” below my “Z,0” reference plane, I’m doing a pocket tool path

Here’s my parameters (depths)

Depth Z-3.000

Top of stock Z-2.9

Feed plane Z-2.85

Clearance plane Z .25 with the ( use clearance only at the start and end of operation) box checked

My tool keeps jumping up to the positive Z.250 plane, it wont stay down, it works fine in a drilling routine but I cant get it to work in pocket routine, I’m sure I’ve done it before, any help would be appreciated

thanks

Yes Ive already tried turning of clearance and using retract only and that seams to be the best

alternative,and not a good one, but it sure seams like you should be able to to use clearance with that box checked! it works great for drilling but not anything else, maybe that box should be omitted or grayed out from all the parameter pages except drilling so we dont waste time tring to get it to work!!!