Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Boeing DPD

Zoober

Hopefully, I can get Colin or Rick to chime in here.

I am trying to get some better ideas for our derivative dataset verification procedures when bringing MBD into MCX. As I understand, you guys are using MCX to program. Do you guys (programmers) do the verification?

Do you use Point clouds, or Dimensional verification?

Anyone else doing D6-51991 please feel free to add ideas.

Thanks ahead of time for any info. cheers.gif

Contact IN-CAT they have a product called point compare that works with Catia and Mastercam. You make a point cloud in Mastercam once you bring the file in. You then project the points on the model surface. Save the points as an iges file and then run the point compare software. It will then do a report showing deviation results of your translation in Mastercam of their original model. Once you have done this you complete the MBD requirements of Boeing and then can use the model any way you want. Best way is to do the model as it come into Mastercam in Model space. Put the points on the model then export it back out as the iges file. Moving the model creates extra work in Mastercam. Have you already gone through the process of being the administrator for the MBD process or is someone else going to be the admin for this. I am the admin here and responsibility for all of this and it a lot to do, but required to eb able to the MBD.

On a side note as part of this do you have to create the quality drawing for the MBD system or will someone in quality do it? I am required to do it here since I am the only one that knows Catia at all, Mastercam, and Verisurf to do all that is required for MDB models from once they come in and go out the door.

If you need any help with specifics I will be glad to send you what I got.

HTH

I just saw a presentation about this problem a month ago.

There is a company called Kubotek, they bought CAD Key a while ago and re-named it Key Creator.

They have a new product that does independent comparison of two differently formatted CAD models and reports the results.

From what I hear this is going to be Boeing standard software, but I make no claims for the company.

Validate CAD link

Every software salesman that comes through claims his product it the "New Boeing standard". I've heard it from at least 3 different cam salesman.

On our DPD, not MBD, we have gotten by with using the FAI as proof of translation. Things are going to have to change as we get nearer MBD.

Hey guys, I'm not a salesman. This is coming from the guys I've talked to that are in charge of coming up with a software tool for this very purpose. They were the ones who ran the tests and evaluations, and the Validate product from Kubotek set the benchmark for ease of use, accuracy of reporting, tracability, and compatibility with V5...

I'm thinkin' the horses mouth trumps a salesman every time.

That is why I directed this towards Colin and Rick initially.

Not that I discount others - quite contrary, as there are a lot of sharp folks here that have DPD experience - but this is for Boeing D6-, and not just what software I can collect. That, and the easier my Boeing compliance, the easier my ISO compliance, as the two intermingle pretty good.

MBD has a lot of things that need to be done differently as far as traceability issues go. Not just inspect and ship.

Again, I appreciate the input. That's what makes this forum so good.

From what I can tell, the program by Key Creator that was previously mentioned is no different than Mastercam’s Change recognition. All it seems to do is allow the user to show the changes between two models.

Verisurf is about to release a new product called Verisurf V5 Validate. It works within Catia and it uses point cloud data created from any system. The data is imported into Catia where the validation is made. It will also compare the points within a tolerance band and generate a report showing the error of each point. It will also be free for registered users and will be available following the Westec Show.

Also, Verisurf is definitely an accredited standard program at Boeing, if anybody cares headscratch.gif

[ 03-19-2008, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Tim Martinez ]

I was showed that by Ernie, but did not know if it was ok for me to talk about it since it still in the works. Thanks Tim for letting the cat out of the bag so to speak.

Tim email Dave at IN-House and your company logo can be placed with your name even though you do not have 200 postings since you are a dealer and Ernie gives away so much free stuff to Mastercam users.

• 4 months later...