Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

More than 1 machine group

DavidB

I'm getting some really weird stuff happen in MC when I add a Mill machine group into the Ops manager,after a Lathe machine.

I cant get into any of the Lathe ops parameters.

machinedefs2.jpg

I got this 1 today.

machinedefs.jpg

As soon as I delete the mill machine from the Ops manager all is good again in the Lathe toolpaths.

banghead.gif

If those folders are there when Mastercam is closed you can safely delete them. I'm not tsure it will help with this problem

I've had it before got got the file working.

I think I created a junk toolpath inthe dead lathe machine group or something like that..

Hi David,

I have this problem often while switching between Lathe Ops and Mill Ops in the same MCX file. I have found that by clicking on Machine Group of interest in the Op manager, then clicking the "Insert arrow after" icon usually switches Mastercam X2 to the required product or module. The pictures above show that the MILL module is still active.

HTH

Thanks guys got this from MC

quote:

David,

This is strange and can duplicate it. I opened the parameters in one of the toolpaths in Machine Group-2 and it seemed to “clear” everything. I was then able to access the lathe parameters in Machine Group-1. I’m not sure what is causing this and have logged it as a defect. I will let you know if I have another solution. Please contact me if this doesn’t temporarily resolve this issue

This multiple machines/types in one file is annoying. Everytime I add a machine whether its a mill or lathe, save and close the file then reopen the file it sets my first machine group to the default machine definition : most annoying thing ever.

Setting where the red arrow is important as well. Ive tried to backplot something in a different machine group with the red arrow in a different machine group and have gotten weird things.