Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

drip feeding programs

patool

Hi folks,I am new to using the forum so please bear with me.I am currently using x2mr2 mill.Our company has a Fanuc control with limited memory. In the past we could drip feed programs using smartcam.I tried the same thing with mastercam and could not get it to work.I downloaded a trial version of Cimco and it also worked.I have contacted our reseller and they claim mastercam is incapable of drip feeding.Just wanting to make sure that is correct and if so are they planning a fix.

Thanks

B.K.

You could try either of these as well for your drip feed needs

"Direct Dnc to CNC"

"Predator DNC"

Lee is, to the best of my knowledge, correct though.

This is not what MCX is designed to do so it wouldn't really be a fix. A product enhancement, yes. Possibly down the road.

that is completely INCORRECT.

drip feed all day here with mastercam editor. mastercam also has basic cimco installed too. you can run it independently from C:McamX2-MR2commoneditorsCIMCOEdit5.exe

you've got two options right there.

if you used to do it with a different software, then if probably is something in the settings of mcam communications.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but we are in the same boat. I can receive programs from our Fanuc controller, but can not send or drip. How do you know if the settings under communications are correct? It may even be as simple as the step by step porceedure I am using to send the file (order of operations).

patool, which Fanuc control are you using?

Mike

Mike,We are using a Fanuc system 16.We are not having any problems sending and receiving programs when using mastercam editor. Just when trying to drip feed.I am going to look into the cimco as suggested and give it a try.This should work if it is similar to the trial version that I downloaded.Thanks to everyone for the quick responses. I`ll post some follow up as soon as I can get to the machine.Thanks again.

CNCMIKE,

I used the cimco inside mastercam to drip with and it worked fine.Still cannot get the mastercam editor to work.Be sure to be in tape mode on your control when trying to drip.Hit send file in cimco and then press go on your control.Be prepared because the program is going to start.Hope this helps.

B.K.

Patool, thanks for the feedback, but I don't think our control can drip feed unfortunatly.

Lee, What did it cost to get your OM set up to drip? I talked with Fanuc today and they quoted $400-$500 just for the boards and programming. Install labor was not quoted. Did you go through Fanuc or the MTB? I am working with both at the moment.

Thanks, Mike