Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another post question...

RDub

There is an option in the Mach Def to...

"Start and end cutter compensation above part (read by post only)"

Regardless of how it is set, post output is the same. Is there a way to "hard code" this in to my post so that it will Always initialize and cancel comp above the part? I am editing the most rececnt MPMaster (X2-MR2)

I have been looking in the plinout and pcirout sections but am not sure what to do in order to get the G40/41/42 to post before the Z output.

Not that I am aware of I always had luck with this option in the lead in/out with no troubles is that that working for you?

To make a post do this would be asking a lot and I would be very worried about crashing and host of other problems.

Sorry I can not be more positive. Got a sample of something where you are seeing this problem???

Ok, so here is a quote from the Manual for the control...

"Turn on cutter compensation just before plunging into an individual contour and turn it off immediately after retracting out. Cutter compensation must be turned off before indexing between contours even if the same compensation is required."

Using the "plunge after first move" and "retract after last move" check boxes will give me what I need.

I was trying to hard code it in, because that is what the old post did (or so I was brought to believe).

Upon further review the old post is not even doing what the control requires in the Quote above!

Clip from old post...

G0 X1.2625 Y-1.56375

G1 X1.2625 Y-1.56375 Z-.375

G41 G1 Y-1.56875 F28.8

G3 X1.3 Y-1.6063 I.0375 J0.

If the old post wasn't correct then the users of the new post shouldn't complain, right?

What I will do is create a "router" operation defaults file and distribute it with the new posts so that everyone will already have those 2 boxes "checked" by default.

Sorry if I wasted anyone's time.

I think you may be misinterpreting "plunge". I believe what they are trying to convey is that you need to turn the cutter comp on before you start your cut. In some older terminology plunge referred to the tool going into the part not always necessarily meaning "Z".

G0 X1.2625 Y-1.56375

G1 X1.2625 Y-1.56375 Z-.375

G41 G1 (D# here) Y-1.56875 F28.8

G3 X1.3 Y-1.6063 I.0375 J0.

This is fine. You move into position,feed down in Z,turn cutter comp on moving to X,Y position and away you go. Don't forget your D. I would imagine that this was a later cut as there is no D in this line.