Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Misc Values

Greg Williams

Hi guys,

I am using V9 with the MPFAN post from the V8 CD, I have done a lot of editing to this post to custimize it to my liking, there is just one more thing that is bugging me and I cant work it out. We use Makino's and this type of machine uses a code (G05 P10000) to turn on the high speed milling mode.

So I edited the text file for mi8 so that 1=on and 0=off, cool so far.

I added to the post a comment to PSOF and the toolchange where I wanted it to come out

if mi8>=one, n, "G05P10000", e

still going good as this turns on the mode no problems.

Now for the hard bit turning it off I added a line to Pretact

if mi8 >= one, "G05P0", e

this works fine if the next tool has a value of one in mi8, if it does not then no code is output.

So the real question is how do I save the value that was previously in mi8 as it seems that in pretact the misc values are taken from the next tool. Hope this mumbo jumbo makes sense.

[ 05-28-2002, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: Budgie ]

Hello Greg,

I had the same kind of problem. I would suggest that you initialise a user variable in the tool change post block with the value of mi8 in it. Then, in the pretact post block use the variable to turn your high speed of instead of mi8.

Hope this helps,

[ 05-28-2002, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: marting ]

Greg,

The reason this happens is that the pretract postblocks are called after the tool change has been read for the next operation which causes you to lose the information from the previous operation.

You can fix this easily by forcing an update of MI8 when high speed is set and then using the prv_mi8 in your logic in pretract.

IE.

if mi8>=one, n, "G05P10000", !mi8, e

pretract

if prv_mi8 >= one, "G05P0", e

This should do the trick for you.

Godd luck!