Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS V9

SBA

I have been trying to understand the use of the new wcs system. If a part is to be machined on a horizontal mill I set it to front for c-plane and tool-plane. If I set c-plane and t-plane and then go into wcs and copy system front to new wcs it changes the c-plane to top. If I select the system-top in the wcs, then go into wcs create then select front to create new. Using this new wcs drill the front face comes out top?

I have the WCS/view manager doc file but still am not getting it? confused.gif

Basically, you're redefining the top view. Every view is relative to the WCS. Set your WCS to TOP and your Tplane to front and all is like it was in V8. Now set your WCS to Front, and your Tplane still says "F", but it's really the front view of a front view (a front view relative to your WCS). I guess that would make it really a bottom view.

There's a lot to the WCS/View Manager. You should really take time to read the document. It answers a lot of questions. Place a copy in The Throne Room so others will read it too.

What's the avi file name on the ftp?

I posted a part on the ftp, it was imported from mc8. It is set up on a horizontal mill with b-axis. The front view is g55 and g56 and the back view is g57 and g58. These were all named views in mc8. If i go into wcs and set say g55 current it sets the c-plane as t and the t-plane as 3. This is were I am having trouble. How do I get the t-plane and c-plane to be front when I select the wcs named g55. It is named wcs.mc9 confused.gif

SBA,

If you are making the front view your WCS, then you have tols Mastercam this view is now TOP, period!!! That means that the front is now top, the bottom is now front, the back is now bottom, etc..... You can leave the TOP as the Active WCS and continue using front as front, side as side, etc and everything should be fine. I think your problem is related to making the front plane the active WCS.

I haven't looked at your file yet, but if you tell me exactly what the problem is upon posting I will take a quick look at it.

I am slow, but I finally got it. Thanks to all for help. I was trying to switch to a named view by selecting it as the wcs. rolleyes.gif If I leave the wcs as top view and then go into a named view and set current t and c planes I get what I want. biggrin.gif Thanks again.