Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ok Pocket tool path

ATG

I thought I had an option under pocket tool path to start on the out side of the pocket. I have a piece of 1018 aprox 3.5 x 21.250 x 5.0 that I need to remove some material from the middle. Basically it’s a slot 18.5 inches wide through the part. I wanted to pocket the slot but plunge on the outside of the part. Am I using the wrong path? I am using x2 mr2 thanks.

Seth

chain a point outsidie of the pocket, it should start outside and then move inside AND the respect the boundary on each Z cut.

You might also use the Open pocket method as well.

hth

Ok I'm still not doing something right I use the open pocket method still nothing. Am i missing a setting somwhere. John i'm not to sure what you mean :"chain a point outsidie of the pocket, it should start outside and then move inside AND the respect the boundary on each Z cut." Are you still talking about a pocket tool path. I could through the file up on ftp if someone could look at it....

thanks again..

seth

Thanks guys I guess I should have left one side of my chain open when I was trying to use open pocket. It looks like the 2d contour I created. I just thought I could use different pocket strategies and still drop in the z outside of the material.

Thanks again....