Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Start up error

mikeqes

Hi all,

After getting 2 crashes while I was trying to set up my configuration, mastercam X3 now crashes during start up and gives me the message "LOGS MASTERCAM EVENTS ERROR" and then hangs up till I kill it in task manager. Any one have this problem. Im thinking about reinstalling and seeing if that fixes anything.

Thanks,

Wire mike

Well I uninstalled X3, then reinstalled and I still

get the same message. Seems to be a problem with

the "Mastercam event logger" that launches when you start mastercam. Is this something totally new with x3 or has it been there but I have not seen it.

Anyway I guess I am not going any where fast with x3 because I can not even to get it to load ;o(

Mike,

This is new to X3.

I'm not sure what is going on here yet but here are a couple of things to try.

First check your taskbar tray and see if there is a X looking icon in it. If so, right click and try to close it.

The only other thing I can think of is that there is a permission issue with the event folder or a corrupt file there. Take a look in your X3 install folder for the Eventlogs folder and try opening one of the files and see if there is any additional info in there. You could also try deleting them.

I'll ask development for some additional things to look for.

Some additional info on this.

The message is coming from the crash dialog, not the event logger.

Two things to try.

1. rename the mclogr.exe found in your mcamx3 folder to mclogr.old. This will prevent the logger from starting.

2. Also, Right click on MCLogr.exe and select properties and then the version tab and the file version should be 12.0.4.20, if not let me know.

Now if you continue to crash and the Mastercam Crash Report dialog comes up, please make sure to fill out the info and click on SEND. This will hopefully give us some additional details.

Also Please post your system info (os, versions, etc) to this post.

Ok,

Im using windows xp, my x2 version is x2 sp1.

Im using this for Wire.

This is the rundown of what happened.

I installed x3. I started the program. It came up with the box about definition being from a old version and if I wanted to update it. I said yes and filled out what it asked.

X3 started up and it worked ok until I tried to get into the machine definition. It crashed. I tried again and it opened ok, then it crashed again when I tried to get into machine definition.

It then started to give me an error during start up. All the error messages have this in common:

MCCore.dll caused an Unknown exception type (0xc0000409) in module MCCore.dll at 001b:103499a1

I uninstalled x3, then reinstalled and had the same problem.

I tried to do some work using X2, and when it was starting up it came up with the pop up that said the machine definition was from a old version.

Well that lost me there. So I uninstalled X3 again

to see if that would clear things up.

This is where I am now.....this is with X2

I can open an existing file and work with it and it works ok, but If I try to get into the machine Definition it crashes.

If I try to start a new X2 program, it opens up with the default wire definition. If I tell it to open up the one I had been using it tells me it is not valid. So I opened a old definition that I know works and it opens up ok, but if I try to get in to the machine definition it still crashes.

Sorry for the long post.

Mike

Have you looked into your config file to make sure it is looking at all the directories of your X3 installation and NOT back at the X2 installation?

Mike, you are in CT, if Services Four Automation is your reseller, please call me in the office.

John,

I have given up on intalling x3 right now and

trying to get x2 up and running.

Some how my machine definitions became corrupt. I

have replaced my old defintions with ones I have saved, and X2 now starts up with the correct machine definition, but it still crashes when I try to get into the machine definition manager. It gives

me an mCCore.dll exception error.

This is what I get for trying t be the first one in the shop with x3....no guts no glory!

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Mike,

The problem related to your MD's isn't that they became corrupt, but that you probably updated them for X3 without backing them up or updated from the wrong folder. Once these are updated for use in X3, they are no longer compatible with X2 platform, that is why you get the corrupt or invalid error message.

Basically all non X3 files like Machines, controls, tool libraries, defaults, operations, etc need to be updated from the X2 platform to be used in X3. So if you used Migration or open a non X3 MCX file that is using a non X3 default or MD, you will probably get prompted to update. Well, please read the dialog and be careful when doing so because it may be pointing to the X2 install and if you update the file there, then the updated file is now an X3 file and not usable in X2. There is a backup option as well, but you could easily make a mistake here.

The process of migrating and updating files is covered extensively in the MCAMX3 Transition Guide.PDF found in your Documentation folder. Refer to the section #2 and #3 for some good info.

There is also a section on the MCAMX3 Installation Guide.pdf discussion "Updating from a previous versions" that that also discusses the migration utility as well.

If you have updated from X to X2 it is the exact same process from X2 to X3 as X to X2.

"Logs Mastercam events has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Get this error every time after exiting mastercam.

The only problem that I noticed so far is that I can't get some tool settings to stick. I'm aware of the problem with some parameters being read from operation defaults "mill_inch.defaults" instead from my customized operations defaults file, but still no go...

I don't know where the heck it's getting some of the settings.

I got everything setup on my work pc, but having problems here at home.

Also during install had the "error 1904 ....flexcell.ocx" failed to register on this pc.

At work: XP PRO:no problems

At home: XP Home:problems

As for my problem, I reinstalled MX3,and followed the migration instructions the best I could, but I still found MX3 crashing when I tried to get into the machine definition. I also found it still did something to my X2 Machine Definition during the migration process that causes X2 not to recognize it as being valid. I realize either Im doing something wrong during the install or there is something about X3 my computer does not like. Even after uninstalling MX3 and getting X2 back up and running. I still cant get into the machine def in X2 with out it crashing.

This might be stupid but.....In my computer the Wire Machine Definition file extenion shows up as a Windows media file because they share the WMD. extension. Could this be fouling things up??

Since nobody else is having the same problem I am, Im wondering if it has something to do with Wire?

Just a thought,

Mike

Mike,

Don't use migration.

Copy your files manually.

It is the most fool-proof way I have found.

I have said it before and I'll say it again.

Migration is broken and does not work as I expect it should. When doing a side by side I do not migrate, I copy and set everything myself. Takes a few minutes but saves me hours of headaches