Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

System hangs

XP Pro SP3 running Firefox 3.01, I occasionally get X3 hangs when I lose ALL menu ability, drop downs, tool bar icon clicking and RMB response, can't do anything at all. This does not at all occur in any previous versions.

If I shut down Firefox it frees up and I can continue.

It doesn't happen all the time but I have yet to nail down what triggers it.

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

quote:

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

YES!!!

I reciently askes here about this problem.

If it is the same one that I am experiencing..

The hang up occurs when you log in after switching user accounts or sitting idle at the login menue for an extended period of time..

Nothing but the wallpaper shows up for me and it requires a hard boot...

Thought it was a corrupted SP3, but reloaded and thought it went away, but yesterday after my wife used here account, then logged off in the user minue "zone" or whatever you call it, when I logged on to my account it hung again banghead.gif

Something tels me it is sp3 that is doing xxxx and I am fixing to roll back to sp2...

Well, I have had SP3 installed since the day it was released and X2 MR2 NEVER did this. It is ONLY my X3 installation.

Accounts are not the issue and I do not log in and out of different accounts on my work computer.

While it may be SP3 "related" something in X3 "seems" at least to be playing differently with it.

quote:

Well, I have had SP3 installed since the day it was released and X2 MR2 NEVER did this. It is ONLY my X3 installation.

Me too...

But we have been patched many times since then..

Funny thing is, on my home PC, it doesnt have X3 installed on it...

But it does appear to be something with the toolbars, menues and Icons...with the OS..

Whenever my system hung I would look at the log file and it would spit out an error code...

When I looked at the code, MS said I did not have an updated service pack....but I did... headscratch.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Well,

it appears this issue I was having is related to MCAM and Firefox NOT playing nice together.

I have had to uninstall Firfox to clear the issue.

So far it seems to ONLY happen on XPPro SP3, I have not encountered it yet on Vista.