Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post the ghost?

SpazMachine

Is there any possible way that a toolpath that has been set posting/no and has the ghost on it will somehow end up in the mill?

I know if you highlight a whole group and post them all, the ghosted ones won't show up in the nc code. That's good. That's exactly what I want. Is there any bug or some sort of backwards way of posting toolpaths that I don't know about that could screw me over and let one of the ghosts in?

I have some pockets and contours written well below the surface of the part that have been projected onto surfaces up above. I would hate for one to end up getting run by an off shift and causing trouble.

Anybody know anything I don't?

Cody

Hi Cody

quote:

Is there any bug or some sort of backwards way of posting toolpaths that I don't know about that could screw me over and let one of the ghosts in?

Not that I know of.

If something odd is happening at my desk, it is usually something I did. If I look at my work first, it is easier to solve the mystery.In My Humble Opinion, it is probably not the software.

Oh, nothing bad has happened yet, I just wanted to be sure that I have nothing to worry about. I would hate for something to happen and then find out later that there was a known bug that could screw me over. Just checking.

Since nobody is piping up and saying they got bit by it then I am going to assume it's safe.

Thanks.

Cody

Enter the word "GHOST" in the comment section of the tool parameter page. After you've posted your file use the text editor to search for the word ghost. No ghosts--you're cool -if you find a ghost you've got a problem wink.gif