Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tilt/Rotary table manufacturers

Mgrenier

Hello All,

We are looking at a new type of parts for a potential custommer and we need to find manufacturers for tilt/rotary (2 axis) and rotary (1 axis) tables that are about 1500mm in dia. and can support 11000 lbs min.

Does any of you know where I could be looking for this?

Thanks in advance,

I would look at SNK for a 5 axis head type machine. Move the head around the part, not move the part around the head. There are others who makes these machines and every year someone else comes out with something newer and more competitive. You start moving that much mass on a table type 5 axis and you are going to have problems IMHO. By loking for a solution where you can move the spindle around the part you will find it give you a lot of flexibility as well as more places to get to in one set-up. I know some trunnions that have as little as -5 to 95 on the main table and the most I have seen is -15 to 120 and that seems like a lot, but you will get that one part where that is not enough and this is where a head type 5 axis 99% time will have no problem reaching it. Bridge type machine is what IU am referring too and you want at least a 12" square column supporting it. One with a W axis for the bridge to take it up and down is something I would see as a must.

HTH