Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

All the jobs in PA

beav700

What's up with that. I just searched few sites and most adds with MasterCam are from PA or CA.

Mold shops,die shops, it's all around the lakes (IL, IN, MI, WI, ).71% of all CNC machine sales in US are in those four states, but MaserCam is hot only in CA and PA. Almost all shops in here use SurfCam, Gibbs, SmartCam, UG and ProE.

Not enough advartising or dealers in the region?

I used alot of CAM packages and still believe that MC is the best. Why so few shops use it here?

I have had pretty good luck in the Michigan job market since I moved here 10 years ago from Calif. Actually Axsys, the local MC dealer in lower Michigan is the #1 dealer in the country if I'm not mistaken, so we must have a few seats in the area.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Randy,

Actually CAD/CAM Consulting in California took the title for #1 Dealership in the US for 2001. Axsys is always one of the top few though. Shopware is the dealer that supports Mastercam in the Ill. area I believe and they are also one of the top Mastercam Dealers.

Alot of how much market penetration Mastercam gets has to do with the strength of the Dealer. You'll find the stronger dealers pretty much SMOKE the competition. For Example, when I worked for CAD/CAM Consulting, when I would go on Demos, I would ask a prospective customer to bing me a print of one of their most difficult parts, and I'd program part or all of it. Now, my competition on the other hand, they would go in and do the same tired demos they've been doing for the last 10 years. No contest usually, unless the company was bent on buying something else I usually got the business.

quote:

Almost all shops in here (Ill.) use SurfCam, Gibbs, SmartCam, UG and ProE.

Check this out, here in SoCal, home of Gibbs, SmurfSCAM, Esprit (DP Technology), and a few others, their sales stink! In their own backyard, they stink. I find that hilarious.

JM2C

James -

I hazard a guess that even though the home territory sales are soft for the other packages, I would suggest that the only reason they are there is because the code warriors that hack the software togeather are a little soft and need the sunshine and pretentiousness that a SoCal Zipcode promises. As a Canadian Scot - Try wering a Kilt NewYears Eve in a -35 Montreal Winter. (That was how I found out I was alergic to wool - That's what you get for goin' Regimental.) We can't afford to slack it off here in the NorEast so we need Mastercam to pay our way.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...the code warriors that hack the software together are a little soft and need the sunshine and pretentiousness that a SoCal Zipcode promises.

That is hilarious. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I've met a few of the guys from the other Software companies even the big Mr. G. with his Mr. Rodgers sweater and all. They are a bit soft, a bit limp in the wrist too if you catch my drift. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif j/k

Now the studs at CNC, they can hang in cold weather. It gets bitter from what I hear from time to time in Connecticut(sp?). Oh, and CNC OWNS their backyard.

I like my 'SoCal Zipcode'!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I grew up in Michigan redface.gif , and spent 2 winters in Alaska in the service (1 Christmas week the temp ranged from -37Deg F. to a high of -20Deg F.)

The beach in So Cal is the ONLY place to live!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

BerTau smile.gif

A lot of those shops (That buy the 71% of the machines sold)

Are using pirated software.(I can think of three off the top of my head)

Two other shops went under and sold there seats for around $700.00 so there future owners are "kinda legal"

Anyway there is five that won't show up in the survey.