Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feeds and speeds

bogusmill

Does anyone know a good web site that has a feeds and speeds chart for milling various metals? I have a wall chart, but I need it in a computer file. I have done some searching, and all I've found are sites that focus on one metal, or aren't for end mills in a 1/4" to 1" mill size.

I don't know about web sites, but most decent cutting tool manufacturers have "recommended" feeds and speeds in their books (OSG, SGS, Sandvik, KM, etc). If you need to, I don't think it'd be too difficult to create your own spreadsheet with their information. Keep in mind that manufacturers typically want to make their product look good so their charts are pretty aggressive and feeds and speeds are always very dependent on workholding, tool length, etc.

C

bogusmill, I asked this a about 8months ago.

I could not find any good sites.

So I usually use the Free Cimco Speed and Feed file form the forum or the Machinist tool box from Cimco that offers allot more for a few bucks.

Then all I need is SF (Surface Feet) info to get were I want.

Most of what I come up with is from my head with the years of cutting. (But I do not know it all that’s for sure) smile.gif

http://www.iams.org/flashhome.htm

http://www.cutdata.com/

Check this company out. There is a 2 volume set - Machining Data Handbook available form these guys. I purchased a set thru the SME at www.sme.org - check out the bookstore and also become a member - I use mine everyday to find infromation and also as a resource center for developing processes and procedures.

[ 06-12-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]

I'll email you a copy of Appx F from the Mastercam Handbook, Vol 1, which has some proven speeds and feeds info in it.

Send me an email and I'll respond with a pdf attachment.

Good tooling salesmen (Valenite, Kennemetal, Sandvick, etc) can be great resources. They have a lot of experince, get regular training and have access to volumes of technical data.

[ 06-13-2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis from San Diego CADCAM ]