Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Thermal displacement Alarm

cqualls

I have a Mazak H-400N, with a Mazatrol M-32 Controller on it. Does anyone know how to clear the thermal displacement alarms on this machine. It has 5 alarms on it now and when it reaches 10 my understanding is the alarms have to be reset before the machine will operate.

Thanks

I have a book here that tells what all can cause the alarm and we just get one of these alarms every once in awhile. The problem is the book doesn't tell the steps you have to take to clear the alarms and after the machine alarms out 10 times it goes into feed hold and stays in feed hold until the alarms are cleared.

I'm at 5 now so I thought I would clear them but can't figure out how to do it.

I have the procedure somewhere, I'll have to check the manual out by the machine. We orignally got it faxed from Mazak tech support. We typically see it on long high speed spindle runs, we have now set up a 20" box fan on the rear access door blowing in and it seems to help. If I can find the procedure tommorrow, I'll let you know.

John

• 9 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/3/2018 at 11:06 AM, jlw™ said:

Are you using thermal displacement comp?

If not just turn it off.  If you are it may be a bad sensor.  The only time I've seen that was when sensors went bad.  Turned it off or replaced sensor to fix it.

I have a Mazak  with a Mazatrol M PLUS Controller on it. Does anyone know how to clear the thermal displacement alarms on this machine.  samebody  have the procedure to do it.  any clue will be apreciate. thanks

• 5 years later...