Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Minimum Vertical Retract - w HAAS

EazyE

With HS toolpaths and minimum vertical retract I get gouges and cut corners . Verify and backplot show no collisions or gouges.. I am thinking this is a machine thing not a mx thing. the way the table moves to a point is not in 2 points at the same time but a 45 with the x y and if the y finishes first well then the x will gouge.. Any one know how to fix this problem other than not using the minimum retract option .....

Easy,

If you use "Minimum Distance" and output a feed move instead of a rapid move you will really like it. It just smooths out the motion really nicely and keeps your machine from giving you unexpected gouges. Just make sure your clearances values are high enough. I'm pretty sure these are calculated from the surfaces/solid, not necessarily from the stock that is left on the part. Just a word of caution... I'm lucky, I get to run everything in Vericut...

So far we are crash free for over a year now...

knock on wood...

I program for a couple Haas and had this problum also, it was a frustrating one to figure out. When the Haas rapids it moves both X and Y axis as fast as it can, when 1 axis gets to it's position then the other axis finishes were it is going. The HS toolpaths assume that it rapids in a direct line, both axis reaching the endpoint at the same time. That is why outputting feed move is the best option. If you output a G01 then it forces a linear move. The only thing I don't like is when you output a feed move then the rapid override is non functioning on that operation.