Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Save layer as IGES

Lumpnut

I have a Mcam (X3) wireframe of a mold , no surfaces or solids. Each individual part of the mold is on it's own layer and there are about 20.

What I want to do is isolate each part , save it as an .iges file so I can import it into Solidworks , then create the models , mold assembly , and drawing.

Here's what I did to get it to work........

1. Turn on only the layer of the part I wanted

2. File-Save Some

3. Window select the wireframe of the part

4. Save as .mcx

4. Open that new mcam part file in mcam

5. File-Save As .iges

6. Open in SW

So my question is, Is there an easier/better way to do this? This mold wasn't to bad cuz there was only 20 parts to it. But we have many more molds with alot more parts that I need to go thru this.

Any ideas or suggestions is as always appreciated. cheers.gif

OK Here comes my lack of knowledge for Solidworks.... confused.gif

For my cad system, I would just save the whole file as an iges file. (not save some)and then import that iges file into my CAD system. All the parts would be on their respective levels and I can work with them on a "by level" bases to create my layouts and things. Since you said the items were all on there own levels in mastercam, can you not work with them that way?