Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cimco edit problem

ziko1

Is your CIMCO Edit a Server License?, or are you using the version included with X3, or a copy of CIMCO Edit Pro? If using the included version, it I believe, needs the Mastercam Hasp to be present to run or needs to see the NetHASP The other CIMCO options I mentioned are added cost options and not included with the install.

I'm using Cimco edit V5, and in Nethasp, the message i get is Mastercam Hasp not found, i checked in the nethasp.ini and everything is linked correctly to the license key, and mastercam x3 detect them. But when i generate my codes it gives the message. I need to find i solution, it seems that everything i try won't work.

Ziko I'm a bit confused. when you say you run cimco V5, is it only cimco lite? (i.e. - most likely if you bought mastercam but didn't buy a separate stand alone cimco pro license it's cimco lite...the pro version includes a backplot feature) The lite version that installs with mastercam installs a file called license.key in the directory C:mcamxcommoneditorscimco.

Check and make sure its there.....

I get the same error on my desktop at work, but not on my laptop at home. In both cases I am using nethasp with a vpn connection. I copied the cimco file from C:mcamxcommoneditorscimco directory on my laptop to my desktop with no sucess, but my desktop will run the file i copied off my laptop on an external hard drive?

I have seen this problem.

It "seems" at least it comes from a corrupt Cimco license key.

In a couple of cases we have had customers "copy" the license key from a system that does not see the issue to a system that does have it.

Of course this is ONLY in cases where you are running the OEM version.

If there is not another system you can grab a key from, it may require deleting the "CIMCO" directory and doing a repair installation.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with CNC software tech support, and they had me copy the nethasp.ini file from the mcamX3 folder to the CIMCOEdit5 folder. This worked for me. They also had one more step for a customer for another work around, but they didn't have me try it as this solution seems to be working.

Glenn

John,

The thing that I thought was most interesting for me is that there was no nethasp.ini file in the CimcoEdit folder to begin with, but it was still working fine before we went on the holiday break, updated our maintainence, and got into the new year. So why did it work before with no file, and now needs the file to work???

But as long as it is working the Troops and Generals are biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Glenn

I have heard of this problem if you are using a Mastercam Nethasp. Cimco Edit OEM uses SimAccess.dll (provided by CNC Software) to check for the Mastecam Hasp. It seems a bit unreliable when using a Nethasp. I dont think copying the Nethasp.ini makes any difference. I will ask the programmers to take another look but I have been unable to reproduce the problem on our network. For customers experiencing problems please email me.

Steve@cimco

I've had this problem also while on the nethasp.

We have 2 buildings I work from. When I'm in the building where the server is in its fine. When I go to building 2 a few miles down the road I'll get that error on occasion and cimco stops working. Its random when it happens but once it does its a real pain. If I go back to building 1 it somehow resets itself and works. My fix is to keep a copy of cimco on a different drive. I delete the folder in the mx2 directory and put the fresh folder from the backup drive back in and it keeps me going until the next time. I try to keep cimco open during my sessions all the time. Somehow in the repeated opening and closing of the cimco program it will eventually fail.