Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma MU-400V 5 axes

phil darcy

Okuma's are "good" iron, they are quality machines.

If you're used to Fanuc controls they ARE different. You're coming from a Fadal control so there will be a big difference in control there as well.

As far as iron goes, the difference between the Fadal and the Okuma is like a Ford Focus and a Mercedes-Benz. Fadals are OK machines, and provide good value for the price, but Okuma machines are incredibly reliable, very precise, powerful, and live forever. What control is on the machine? If it is new, it will be a P control [which I am not familiar with because we don't have one yet], but the programming and operation will be considerably different from your Fadal regardless of control so this will be a learning curve factor that must be considered as part of the purchase process.

We currently have [13] Okuma machines, and plan to purchase [3] more in the next couple of years; they are #1 on the list with me every time we consider a machine tool purchase. I know that doesn't help you quest for knowledge about the specific machine, but hopefully gives an idea about the company and quality of the product.

C

Although I cannot shed any light on the question you have asked, I will attest to the quality of the Okuma line. Over the last 5 years, I have been using Makino's, but the 16 years prior to that, I owned and operated a number of different Okuma models and their reliability, accuracy, power, etc, are unbelievable.