Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi axis mill/turn post question

T_MALENA

Hi all, we are taking delivery of a Takisawa TMM250 multi axis w/Fanuc 160is. Anyone have one? Its similar to a Mazak integrex or Okuma macturn. The machine has main spindle & 2nd spindle, lower turret that works both chucks, full B-axis / Y-axis mill/turn upper turret that works both chucks also.

At this moment I'm using the generic fanuc 4x mt.pst What do you use? Does anyone have a post that outputs wait codes & works great with the fanuc? If so how do I get it? Do I need to have my reseller contact a reseller that has it? Fastech - Alex already will modify a post for us, minus the wait codes. Thats fine with me, but I'm not the only one gonna run this machine & the other guys are wanting the wait codes.

Thank you in advance.

also any opinions of how you program this type of machine would be great.

Wait codes are likely going to have to be handled "by hand"

Ron did an entire posting of what he went through setting up a post to do it, but it would be a ton of work for the "average" person.

Mastercam can not "currently" simulate any of it either.

I have a 4-axis Okuma with top and bottom turrets but have heard no good things about mastercams wait codes. I have been told that they are in the works. I have talked with a few Okuma employees and GibbsCAM and Espirit are the only ones who can give you good wait codes with good simulations. (From what I'm told) I synch them the old fashion way but wouldn't try it on technical parts.

--Thats an awesome machine.

I've got a really nice post from inhouse that gets me perfect code for everything accept the wait/sync codes wich I put in using manual inputs and change at point. If you want full mill/turn support. MC might not be for you at the moment. But as Billy Joel says, I'm still keepin the faith.

Mike

Mike Schnipke - I'm in Solon @15mi south of Cleveland

g-trix our post is coming from inhouse I think it'll be a converted integrex post thru our reseller. I'll try the misc. checks to get the wait codes. If things dont work I'll be back.

Thanks cheers.gif

Well guys the Misc thing is ok, but I like the method I developed using the Cantext and the toolpath editor. I can decide at the exact point I want each tool to Sync and then put a code there. I have not used the In-House method, but with what I cam up with using the Cant-Text I am able to do Roughing cycles using the upper and Lower turret with no problem and have each tool start and stop at the same place through out the roughing cycle keeping the cutting balanced. With Synced milling it is a breeze. If you had 4 turrets I could using my method keep all 4 turrets synced to the tools, the methods of operations and everything. Does require a little thinking and yes Mastercam does not simulate it worth anything, but if you pay attention it is pretty close to what you need to run a machine with upper and lower turrets. The Sync of milling operaton in Mastercam is problaby the easiest thing to do. When you can sync 2 different turning operation to eahc other and have both tools stop at the end and go home keeping the cut balanced then I will feel very good about Mastercam and it MMT product. I can even go as far as leaving a last rough cut for one turret, then come back with the finish tool in another turret and take the finish cut while taking the last rough cut. Gets a little tricky, and still requires a little editing, but all the sructure is there if someone at CNC ever looked at it I am sure they could make what I got work perfect.

Mail back at you.

If anyone is intrested in seeing what I did I am more than glad to share it. I want to better the profession and if I got something that will help you I want to share it. What is really bad is this is very simple and could have already been out with the last 2 releases on Lathe, but it is never a important to help the Lathe product out, so it never gets anything even as simple as the cantext Sync method oh and do not want anything from anyone for coming up with this, I just want it out there as something till the MMT does come out and 2010 seems like about the year the masses might finnally see something. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

quote:

If anyone is intrested in seeing what I did I am more than glad to share it. I want to better the profession and if I got something that will help you I want to share it.

More people need to have this attitude. I learned everything I know by asking questions and a lot of people were kind enough to help me out. I just try to pay it forward.

Mike