Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sync c axis for b grab

dan m

we have a Nakamura Tome WT-300 and are having problems getting the c axis lining up for the b axis grab which is resulting in the mill work in on the sub spindal to be out of oriantation. does anyone know of a code or somthing that would make sure the spindals are oriantaed together during the grab? thanx in advance.

Dan

Not sure of the Naka, but Miyano used a M113/M114 for syncing spindles IIRC.

Your AE at the distributor would probably know it by memory.

Also, make sure to sync the spindles, then with them running, open the sub chuck(or collet)bring the sub up to position to grab, then close sub chuck. Open main chuck, and move sub spindle back to machining position.

That eliminates any inaccuracies of the accel/decel times of the spindles.

Like Robert any Milling I do with Main and Sub I always stop the spindles and always position both C axis to the same place then I grab the part from the main spindle using the Sub spindle. If it is a part that has a square head or odd shape it becomes very important. If you just keep it in your mind to apporach it one way then it will work for everything. Now if I am doing only turning work, or there is only milling on one chuck and I am doing turning work then I will just SYNC spin them and grab while the machine is running both spindles.

HTH

There are a couple of factors in play here: 1) there should be a spindle synch code [M code as referenced above] to line the spindles up, and 2) there is most likely a "spindle synch offset" or something like that which tells the machine how the angular position of the main spindle relates to that of the subspindle when both are at C0. The only mill/turn machines I have are Okuma, so I don't know exactly where it would be in a Fanuc, but it is most likely there somewhere. I'd shoot an email or a call to Methods [or whoever your Nakamura store is] as they should know where to look for this.

C

Dan,

I have a Daewoo with Fanuc 18itb controller.

The M codes I use are

m203 forward sync

m204 reverse sync

m205 sync stop

m206 two spindle control

I am guessing these are Daewoo specific but I thought I'd throw it in, just in case.

Go into your electrical diagram book for the machine. It should have a list of m code enabled functions.

HTH

Chris

quote:

I have a Daewoo with Fanuc 18itb controller.

The M codes I use are

m203 forward sync

m204 reverse sync

m205 sync stop

m206 two spindle control

Chris, for future reference, M213 syncs spindles at the same encoder position. There is a parameter that tells it was position to sync at. I just have my post put out M213 for everything.

Mike

Mike,

TY. Learn something every time I come here.

There must be a chinese proverb here somewhere.

Know you are a busy man, wondering if you have any time in the near future to talk. I could use a little help with basics on thread milling on the Puma using mastercam output. Let me know if your schedule permits and I can give you a call.

TY,

Chris

On Naka's M96 is sync M97 cancel sync and M92 is phase sync.

Dont remember for sure but i think we adjust the grid shift parameter to line them up were we want them when we transfered on the fly.

Like Rob and Ron said above if you have to be dead on and you can adjust the Work offset for C if you need zero to be a certain place between the jaws or whatever.