Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine configuration for 4 axis rotary moves

grav400

I have a three axis vmc. We currently run 4 axis positional rotations along the x axis. I am trying to program a 4 axis motion along surfaces. MC tells me that my machine doesn't have a programmable combination of linear/rotary axes to perform the operation. My post should be good. I think I need help in my machine definition manager to do what I need.

You might want to make a copy of your machine def before trying any of this first. Rename the copy VMC 4axis or whatever suits you. After that go for it. Your machine def should show X,Y,Table,A and Fixture components. If it doesn't show an A you will get an error. To fix your problem scroll in the left window to the VMC A, now just click and drag from the left window to the right window and drop an A axis after the table or fixture in the list. HTH

Why not open up one of the generic 4 axis machine defs that install with MCAM and see how it's done?

Also there are pdf files on the Mastercam.com website calling Working With MD/CD's.pdf, might be worth checking out.

hth

Thanks,

Yeah good ol' Wichita.

Well, I figured it out. Had to sift thru the help pages MC has. Seems that you have to put the A axis as a sibling to the X axis. Then, you have to put a workholding device at the bottom of any axis combination. Haven't ever messed with this before.