Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving Tools

dgoering - DEPCO LLC

I am trying to create a file for student use. I can save the stock settings and the machine type for the file, but is there a way to save the tool I assigned to the toolpath while deleting the geometery? Basically, I want to keep everything in the file except the entities.

Students will use the file to create letters for the stock and create a contour toolpath to machine a nametag using a Techno DaVinci Stepper 3 axis mill, but the focus of the activity is not learning about tools and toolpaths, the focus of the activity is to familiarize the students with using the machine, so I am trying to avoid having the students select and define the tool needed for the operation. headscratch.gif

You could create a new tool list and have them select the tool right from your created tool list.

Create your program with everything you want in it. When you are done open a toolpath and right click in the tool manager window and select 'tool manager'. Highlight all your tools and right click to save to a tool library and name it.

When a student starts to make a toolpath, in the toolpath parameter page select 'select library tool', in the upper-left corner there is a drop down list, select your tool library and presto your tools are there!

HTH