Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

smoothing out a polyline

cherokeechief79

i have some engraving to do and the supplied letters are all choppy segmented lines with no arcs.things get even worse once i blow it up to the size i need.i was going to just redo it with a similar good trutype font but after about an hr of messing with it last nite i gave up.how can i smooth these letters out and create arcs in the corners?i seem to remember something called "polyarc fit" but i cant seem to find anything like this on the menu.

this is on ver 9

thanks

mark

If the lines are connected and will chain

write a contour toolpath with cutter comp off

and a toolpath filter - then backplot and save the backplot as geometry - this should smooth out your gemetry and give tangent lines and arcs - if the geometry wont chain try setting the chaining tolerance to a bigger value

this is a department of defence plaque.i searched this design on the net on military sites and almost everyone i looked at was different as far as the fonts and how the spacing was!

i redid the whole thing myself with a good truetype font and its looking very good!

ill pst the whole thing on the ftp site when im done but some of it is done with mc engrave.

i never knew the power of engrave untill recently now i just cant stop using it!