Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify using stl from previous op as stock

grav400

I am working on a part that has multiple positions. On pos 1 I ran it thru verify and saved the result as an stl file. The problem is that I have the next pos as another mill group in my operation manager. When I go to that pos in the ops manager I try to verify and use the stl file as stock. What results is the stock comes up in the wrong wcs not how it needs to be oriented to run this portion of the program. I have had trouble with this in the past and just keep "messing" with things until I get it to somewhow work.

Can anybody here save me some time...?

Thank you in advance.

A+ to Mike's suggestion

Also check and understand the setting in the "System Config settings" - "Converters"- World or Current WCS for STL file creation

The resolution value...

small # = fine = big file = may have toolpath calculation problems ( Error-not enough memory alarms ) as too many facets exist.

larger # = more coarse = quicker regens

No. think about it. We're beginning to flirt with events on a timeline here...whichever machine group initially defines the stock needs to have the insert arrow in its toolpath group(s)

We present a sample conical part file in training that cuts five ops in two machines;

A 2 axis slant lathe starts out - big end turning (op1), a stock flip ,then small end turning (op2). A 4 axis mill does ops on a solid which is oriented small end to left rotating on X (this is the position the lathe "finishes" at)

the three mill ops use planes created from the solid geometry. To see the whole evolution in verify the insert arrow has to be in the lathe's toolpath group to pick up the lathe's stock def....there is no stock def in the mill group...