Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 files auto installing in "My Computer"

PeterDnz

I've got the same problem. I have put in the mastercam disk as it asks for multiple times, doesn't seem to help. Just selecting a file in "my computer", for example to move it or rename it, will start the mastercam install program up. Then trying to cancel takes 2-3 minutes. So basically I can't access my MX files thru "my computer", only by opening them in MX3. I have completely re--installed MX3 twice, same problem. This is a hassle, not terrible but a definite hassle.

Any help appreciated.

Hi, I think it has something to do with the thumbnail preview icon feature in Explorer. Turning off thumbnail view (View > Details) at least gets rid of the install feature.

I don't know if there any other ways to kill this feature specifically for MCX files.

I have this problem on my XP but not on my Vista64 machine. You can see the actual "snapshot" of the MCX file, it looks cool in Vista's large icon mode but not sure if its useful.

Hey Gang,

Had a similar issue a while back and found there were two different versions of the mcview.dll on my system in two different folders. Copied the newest one over the old one and re-registered both and the problem went away.

See my previous post: http://www.emastercam.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...t=032888#000000

Have a great day!

John