Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Move WCS or move geometry

ckwhite

Cobra,

That is exactly what I want to do. I don't want to have to set multiple work offsets at the machine.

The best I can figure I need to know the distance and orientation from 0,0 to each fixture. Then have a WCS for each position. And each WCS would have to be moved and rotated (based on actual position and orientation).

Am I correct?

headscratch.gif

my method is to use multiple copies of the part, each placed in position as on machine and include the fixture.

Verify is more complex, but you get a complete program with all rotations and no need for setup person to set multiple offsets.

How can you design and program for the fixture if you do not draw it all?

Bryan,

That is how I normally do it. Have multiple models mounted to fixtures on the tombstone. The only drawback is in verify you can't see the progression of the part. I think that is the easiest, less confusing, way to do it. And it will let you know of any interference with the fixture's.

Thanks, All!

If you're looking for the same operation on different sides of the tombstone the transform/rotate function is the way to go. Play with the different settings to get the result you want. You can also set your MD and CD to use the first Fixture Offset (G54) output at every angle.

• 3 months later...

At ths time I'm programming a part with 12 rotations using just G54 and center line of the tombstones rotation. Mastercam has said to pull the part away from the main gnome and create a new wcs and wcs's gnome(x,y,z crosshair) to get the required rotation because by rotating at the main gnome is like rotating nothing around nothing. Strange but thier right. By doing this, you will get all G54-G59 plus G54.1 p1, p2.... and the right rotations. Make sure that you draw

all your geometry in front view for 4th axis work. Then rotate accordingly. Also make sure that before you post you have (top, front) or (top,B15.0°) or whatever rotation your doing, top should be first. There are more complex combinations, but should get fix the rotation issues.

Now my question is this, does anybody know a way you can re-set a B0.0° in any wcs without moving the part?

Thanks, kukudog

I am with Andre,Scott and Bryan. I use one offset and use one WCS but use different planes of course and and if I am doing say the first op on for stations being two faces of the Tombstone then the second op on the other two faces,I then program one part and you transform the paths to the other locations.

This also some of how I teach it in class.

I set the WCS to look down on the axis of rotation.

Then use toolplanes to create the rotation output in the post.

I generally try to do 6 sides of a part in 2 holdings.

One operation holding raw stock- machine 3 sides - flip over and rotate 90 degrees - finish the other 3 sides.

That's 2 copies of the part on one face of the tombstone.

This way I can do 2 transform ops (3 times for each transform op) around the 4 sides of the tombstone for each holding.

G54.1 P1 thru P8 output for each respective 8 part holdings.

Of course every job can't be done this way, but the principal is the same.

Set one WCS and use toolplanes for each part holding, and the post will output the correct B axis moves.

idea.gifbiggrin.gif My 2 cents worth biggrin.gifidea.gif

edit: Looks right in backplot and verify too.

[ 07-12-2009, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Mastercam Guru ]