Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Paralelism

Leandro

I get a part 100" x 60" x 3" for milling.

The part had some grooves but mainly is a flat milled plate.

I have some paralism problems because the part bend or deform when i mill on both sides.

Did somebody have any experience what are normal tolerances for this paralelism.

I mean parcial and total paralelism.

Or were cann I found information about paralelism standards.

Thanks

Jim:

Thanks for your answer.

Actually I have got a drawing.

My question is if there is a standard like DIN 7168 T1 for lenght.

DIN 7168 T1 is a standard for length, there you can see different Klasses, for example f,m,g and sg.

f (fein)

m (mittel)

g (grob)

sg(sehr grob)

And according to my job I decide what toleranz klass did I take.

Many materials contain internal stresses based on the production method. 2024, 7075 and 6061 aluminum all contain stresses due to the temper. So does cold rolled steel products. So, when you mill one side or both, you remove so stresses that cuase the part to twist and curl. In many cases you will need to rough the part, remove from clamps, re-fixture and finish machine. Stress relieving helps but you need to be sure you don't change the material properties.

HTH

I know about this deformations and also do this procedure (rough, turn the machining side, rough again and final finish, in this case I done this two times)

Actually the part has been Tempered treated before machining.

My question is if anybody has got any allowance.

How did you decide if the part is ok or not?

Which criterium did you use for take this decision

Most of our customers do specify the "general machining practices and tolerances allowances".

Some are based on ANSI Y14.5 as stated above.

But Print will say which spec to refer to.

Our current customer specs lists as such:

"Machined surfaces shall not deviate from flatness, straightness, or contour by more than (.010 per ft)".

"Parts may be deflected to meet specified tolerance...." then goes on to state amount of pressure (weights) allowed and at what intervals you may place these weights.

I can send you this spec thru email if you would like, just remember that your customers general practices are the ones to go by.

We are currently producing wing panels (pretzels), so have become well versed in these flatness requirements. biggrin.gif