Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Save and Save to backup

Nils N

I’ve noticed lately that when I open an existing file that it opens in the T/C plane ‘name’ (name = usually a custom plane) I saved it in but the Gview is BL VIEW PLANE (not saved) To test it I just saved a file made sure the T/C Plane and GView Plane were the same and closed it. Reopened and I got the correct T/C Plane but the GVIEW was Bk View again. If I’m not mistaken it should be opening in the Gview I saved it in. Anyone else see this. Another thing I don’t see my project until I select “fit”

On another note; I have Autosave off, and have backup directed to a separate file I use for back up. I’ve notice for some time now, that when I save I have to save it twice in order for it to show up in my backup file. I also did a search on this but didn’t come up with any thing.

headscratch.gif

As far the backup issue goes, you have it correct. In my mind, a true backup feature would save a copy where you are currently working from AND save another exact copy in your specified location. The MC backup doesn't work this way. It takes the last saved file and puts a copy of it in your specified folder, which is actually, one save behind. There is a potential to lose a substantial amount of work the way it works. That's why I always click save twice repeatedly.

If you search for my member number and backup, you'll probably find a few different topics where I've posted on this.

Thad