Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Many lines

Greg_J

Thanks Rick.

I am missing large segments of lines so it makes it hard to do it the way you wrote Rick. I guess I should have described my problem a bit better.

I've tried to trim/break/extend but they are small lines not arc's. I also tried to close arc but again they are not arc's.

I am hopeing that their is a function in MC that I can chain the existing line and convert them to a arc.

It's a globe, it was drawn in autocad. I had company logo in the spot where the missing lines were. They wanted me to rotate the globe to a different angle.

I figured out how to convert the small lines to splines, can I convert the splines to arc's?

globe.jpg

If that is a 3D model, just take one of the full arcs and rotate it about the North/South axis.

If ALL of the "arcs" are made up with short line segments I fail to see why the 3 point arc command won't work to place at least one arc and then rotate copies.

Edit/Simplify says failed to convert splines.

It's 2D drawing, I am using it for engraving. 3 point arc just wont draw it right I must be doing something wrong, It works on some of them but I mostly get double lines they don't line up with existing lines.

Rick,

You've got mail.

Level 3 is the one I'm working on.

You could try creating points along each "arc" you are trying to create then create-spline- automatic,then edit simplify. Or have you tried using create arc dynamic starting at the top of a line and creating an arc part of the way down, creating several arcs close to the existing geometry?

Greg,

If you draw an arc, tip it 'off axis' and project it onto a flat surface, you will a spline, not an arc as a result.

You can use Create/Spline/Curves Spline to join all the small lines into a spline that will approximate an arc.

In order to rotate the globe to a different angle, you may need to consruct this in 3D, rotate it to get what you want, and project to your surface.

Any way you go, not just a simple mouse click.

My original thought on how to recreate this 2D of a globe tilted would be to create Primitives Sphere with surfaces then tilt the sphere how I want then lock my Z and draw the arc's using that as a reference, but they are not arc's they are ellipses. I also can't click on the points of the wire frame of the sphere.

I took the model that Ocean sent me and rotated it the way I wanted it to be then I went to X-form Project. Now all I have to do is trim out the lines I don't want.

Ocean, how exactly did you get that sphere to have arcs?

Greg

I created the primitive Sphere with a surface, then created flowline curves on the surface. Then I rotated it 10 degrees from the right side contruction plane.

You will have arcs until you try to project them onto your surface. Then they will turn into splines, or many short lines