Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Filter error

Greg_J

Has anyone get a posting error while using the filter? If I post with out the filter no problem if I post with it on it gives me a error, and last night it didn't give me an error it just posted a messed up program.

I am making a surface finish contour program in side a bore I am cutting a bottom rad and and a fillet the leads into a smaller hole. The program looks good but it keeps giving an error.

Actually this is beyond a filter error it only showed up when I posted that program.

I can't post any programs, at all.

I changed posts and machine def, I also reloaded the original file and inported the programs in and it's still no good. I also repaired using the MU1 installer.

But my other machine will work but the controler is different.

Here is the error report.

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <0> - Report created.

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - Initialize posting log file

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - Using MP run version 11.00 and post components version 10.00

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - Initiate opening the post processor file(s).

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - Post processor file name: Z:MASTERCAMMILLPOSTSMPCALEDONIAN_DAEWOO.PST

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - The post processor file has been successfully opened.

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - Post version information (input):

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - UPDATEPOST Version 10. was used to modify this file.

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - The file was modified by this product on 07 Oct 05 12:52:14

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - The post was written to run with Mastercam Version 10.

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - The post product type is Mill.

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - Initialization of pre-defined post variables, strings, postblocks was successful.

07 May 2009 09:19:07 AM - <2> - Search for defined post variables, strings, postblocks was successful.

07 May 2009 09:19:08 AM - <2> - Processing the toolpath file failed!

07 May 2009 09:19:08 AM - <2> - The NC output file has failed to open.

07 May 2009 09:19:08 AM - <2> - The application has been aborted!

Greg I hope you keep a copy of these folder backed

up.

cnc_machines

config

mill

If not I suggest you do.

(I burn to disc and copy to flash drive)

also re back up config when ever you change

a setting.

If you reinstall of format a hard drive, you ust

replace these folders after install the same version and all is good

Cheers

rick

Greg. I had a similiar problem with a 64-bit machine, but only the 64-bit machine in the shop. I inserted my original X3 disc and selected the repair button. Worked fine after that. After about a month it started acting funny again and had to repair the install again.

Sungwoo at Caledonian CADCAM gave me a hand and fixed the problem.

In the Machine def manager the folder for my postprocessor was changed, I normally have it on a network and it was switched to the local drive.

Finding out how it got changed is the next problem.

Thanks Sungwoo.

• 1 year later...