Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hasp not Initialized

lovemachine

Have been switching between 2 comps home and work.

Dnc machine quit(over network) tried to hook up to back of my comp.with adapter into hasp to dnc from mastercam, ever since then I get (sim not Initialized) when starting up.

When i hit read(in the utility)says hasp found,everthing is right: serial#,mill level,date unlimited.

Have tried updating says it took update but I get the same thing.

Please Help

P.S. Great forum glad I found it!

Bob cheers.gif

Hi welcome to the forum.

I read your post, and I will give what little experience that I have on this, and Monday I know someone on the forum will know what to do.We have some really smart guys.

I used to run 3 sims(hasp)that each were plugged into the back of the other;;; mastercam, Surfcam, Cadkey. I used to take them home then back to work. I still do not know why but for some reason when I would start up each software that sim would have to be first in line(1st on the port side), then until the sim was unplugged again all three of them would work in any order.

Have you tried a physical process of elimination?

Will it send a program with rs232 right on the port with no Hasp?

Rebooting no Hasp?

Start up M.C Hasp only?(no cable)

That,s all I have

I run to keys all the time and the old case of what hade to be first does not make any trouble in most cases.

I and runing a white Hasp and A rainbow superpro kys togeather. It dose not matter what is first.

One is for MC and the other is my Editor,Varifcation & DNC.

JM2C

quote:

Have been switching between 2 comps home and work. Dnc machine quit(over network) tried to hook up to back of my comp.with adapter into hasp to dnc from mastercam, ever since then I get (sim not initialized) when starting up.

The HASP is on the paralell port. DNC is done out of serial ports, as you can't get RS232 out of a paralell port even with an adaptor. Many 25-pin serial cables have one or more pairs of the pins shorted, which could keep the HASP from doing it's thing when the DNC cable is attached to it.

Try taking the adapter off of the serial cable and plugging it into a serial port. If you don't have a 25-pin serial port on that computer, try getting a 9-pin to 25-pin adaptor and see if that will work. As a nine-pin connection has six more pins than a serial conneciton actually requires, it should still work.

Thanks for the replies.

Hasp is white.

I am now just trying to get mastercam to run again (no trying to dnc thru Parallel Port DOH!!)

The hasp is the first and only sim on port.

reinstalled everything (my troubleshooting method).

Enter utility says hasp not initialized on bottom

hit read it shows hasp found with all correct info, hit ok.

Will not run, have updated says Hasp updated same thing will not run.

Everytime I go back into utility it says not hasp not initialized.

How do I initialize??

Thanks Bob

I was afraid of that,I've upgraded from ver6 to ver9 and have got my hands full.

So thats when the dnc craps after what was looking like a sucessful tool path finally?

Then I get another problem with the hasp yet the jobs are still due!

OH well try again tomorrow.

Thanks Again for the help

P.S. This forum has helped alot

cheers.gif Beer Tme

Last year I had that happen to a HASP.

My boss had arranged for a salesman to give a

demo for another brand of cad/cam software

(Hypermill running inside Autodesk Mechanical Desktop)

I moved my Mastercam HASP to the Hypermill machine

so we could run both products side by side.

When the demo was over I moved my hasp back to my machine and got a "Hasp not initialized" message.

I ran the HASP80.exe utility. It saw the HASP OK, but the start and end date where 20 years into the future.

I contacted my dealer, Cad/Cam Consultants of

Huntington Beach, CA. They told me my HASP was dead and must be replaced. They ordered me a new HASP and had a loaner delivered to my shop within an hour.

For 2 weeks I had a dealer HASP with every available option enabled. It was very hard to give it back when my replacement HASP came in rolleyes.gif

THe HASP used to work and now it doesn't, right? Could be that the DNC cable, with the shorted pins, damaged the lock or corrupted the information in it. You'll need to get the lock replaced.

Make sure to tell your dealer what has happened, especially that the lock used to work, dosn't work now, and that you've tried it on two different boxes. It will shorten your trouble-shooting time considerably.